The National Roll of Merit is a series of Awards which may be achieved both at Halter and Working. It is open to all member/owners of Andalusian horses. There is no time frame to achieve these awards, so members are able to continue gaining points towards their Awards even if it is necessary to have a break in competition for various reasons.
A horse gaining his/her Roll of Merit in the nominated section is awarded a certificate and cup in recognition of his/her achievement. If a horse gains both Halter and Working Awards, he/she is also issued with a parchment Champion Roll of Merit Certificate. A sire or dam achieving his/her Progeny Award receives a Cup and, on achieving the Champion Progeny Award, receives the Champion parchment certificate.
Once entered in a ROM section, owners send competition results to Kathy Peel, ROM Coordinator, PO Box 38, Tarcutta, NSW, 2652.
The Roll of Merit has been designed to record and recognize consistent meritorious performance by Andalusian horses. It enables members to reach a goal and gain an award in their own time.
1. Any horse can gain his R.O.M. at either Halter or Working or Progeny. It is entirely up to the owner of the horse how long they wish to take in getting the R.O.M.
2. A horse, once nominated and fee paid, is entered for life. Points may be gained from commencement of nomination and continue until R.O.M. is gained, regardless of any change in ownership.
3. Points gained before the horse is nominated for R.O.M. are not eligible with the exception of the Progeny Section as listed under Item 5 of that section.
4. Score sheets must be sent within 30 days of the event. A $10 late entry fee will apply if scores are sent between 30 & 90 days. Points received after three (3) months of the show date or event are not allowed.
5. Point scores will be published each quarter in the AHAA Newsletter. Disputes must be received by R.O.M. Registrar within two (2) months to receive consideration.
ANDALUSIAN HALTER ROLL OF MERIT
1. A minimum of 60 points must be gained before the nominated horse can receive his/her Roll of Merit.
2. Points will be awarded to 4th place. Only two classes judged by any one judge on the same day are eligible for point scoring (sheets to be signed by judge).
3. Only Andalusian classes are eligible for this section of the Halter Merit.
4. Only Led Andalusian Breed classes and Led Andalusian Progeny Classes are eligible.
1st 4 points
2nd 3 points
3rd 2 points
4th 1 point
OPEN HALTER ROLL OF MERIT
As above except only Open Led Halter classes and Open Led Progeny classes are eligible.
WORKING ROLL OF MERIT
1. A minimum of 400 points must be gained.
2. Only two classes judged by any one judge on the same day are eligible for point scoring.
Eligible Classes and scoring
|Advanced Three Day Event||30||22||18||12||9||3|
|Advanced One Day Event|
|FEI Dressage levels (Official and Participant)|
|A Grade Jumping||20||15||12||8||6||2|
|Medium and Advanced levels of Official Dressage|
|EA Para Equestrian Official Dressage - all levels|
|Endurance Riding (70Klm or more|
|Harness 3 Phase Driving|
|B Grade Jumping|
|Elementary Official Dressage|
|Junior Novice 3DE|
|Endurance Riding (30-70Klm)|
|Harness Classes-Royal Agricultural Shows|
|C Grade jumping||12||9||6||4||2||1|
|Preliminary and Novice levels of Official Dressage|
|Junior Novice O.D.E|
|Pony Club State Dressage Championships|
|Pony Club State Jumping Championships|
|Harness - Speed Cone Driving|
|Working Equitation Classes|
|D Grade Jumping||10||7||5||3||1|
|O.D.E. Restricted Novice|
|Western Trial riding|
|Working Stock Horse Events|
|Open Show Horse or Saddle Classes|
|Restricted Show Horse or Saddle Classes||8||5||3||1|
|Andalusian Led and Ridden classes|
|Dressage - All Participant Dressage levels including RDA Dressage|
|Riding Club - Inter Club Annual state Shows|
|Gymkhanas - Open, Pony Club||3||2||1|
Champion is awarded 20% of points for 1st placing.
Reserve Champion is awarded 10% of points for 1st placing.
Equal placing’s points added and split (e.g. equal 1st would be 1st and 2nd placing points added and split).
Pairs equal point for placing.
Events where successful completion awards are given - 2 points will be given for an award gained.
PROGENY ROLL OF MERIT
This is open to Dams and Sires:
1. Number of points to be gained to receive R.O.M.
Dam: 120 Sire: 180
2. Only 1st generation progeny’s results are eligible for point score.
3. All points from Halter & Working are eligible for point score.
4. Valid points gained by progeny already entered in the R.O.M. are automatically eligible for the Sire or Dam provided the points are gained after the Sire or Dam has been nominated.
5. Points gained before nomination of Dam or Sire may be credited provided a special search fee of $10 per year or part thereof is paid.
6. Score sheets need not be returned for the Progeny section as points are automatically credited.
7. Points gained in the Progeny Section after the horse is deceased are still valid.
Point Scoring for Progeny Section:
1st 6 points
2nd 5 points
3rd 4 points
4th 3 points
5th 2 points
6th 1 point
CHAMPION ROLL OF MERIT
1. This is an automatic award except in the case of the Progeny Section. No nomination is needed.
2. The horse who gains both Halter Merit and Working Merit will automatically receive CHAMPION ROLL OF MERIT.
3. To receive CHAMPION ROLL OF MERIT in the Progeny Section:
Dam must obtain 240 points
Sire must obtain 360 points.
Riding Club - Inter Club Annual state Shows